Hello there, fellow homemakers! As someone who spends most of my time at home, I'm always looking for ways to keep my living space clean and tidy without filling it with harmful chemicals. That's why I'm excited to share with you my favorite recipe for a non-toxic all-purpose cleaner.
Now, before we get started, let me just warn you: this recipe is so easy, you might just fall asleep reading it. But hey, isn't that the beauty of a good diy project? It's supposed to make your life easier, not harder. So without further ado, here's what you'll need:
- A spray bottle (I use this one spray bottle)
- 1 1/2 cups distilled water
- 1/4 cup isopropyl alcohol
- 1/2 tsp castile oil soap (castile soap)
- Essential oils (optional)
Yep, that's it. I told you it was easy! Now, here's what you do:
- In a measuring cup, measure out the distilled water and alcohol. Add to your spray bottle.
- Add a squirt of castile soap (it's about 1/2 tsp but I don't measure)
- If you'd like, you can add 10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil to give the cleaner a nice scent. I personally like lemon oil, but use whatever floats your boat.
- Give the bottle a good shake to mix everything together.
And voila! You've got yourself a non-toxic all-purpose cleaner that will work wonders on everything from countertops to floors (not wood!). And the best part? You won't have to worry about inhaling harmful fumes or exposing your family to harsh chemicals.
Now, I know what you're thinking: "But what about the smell of alcohol? Won't my house smell like a doctor's office?" Fear not, my friends. While isopropyl alcohol does have a distinct odor, it dissipates quickly once it dries. And if you've added essential oils to the mix, you'll have a lovely fragrance that will make your home smell fresh and clean.
So there you have it, folks. A non-toxic all-purpose cleaner that's so easy to make, you'll wonder why you ever bothered buying the store bought stuff.